KEEP YOUR EYE ON #179BHR
btcRE is in the process of renovating 179 Bear Hill Road, a former industrial building, into a modern, flexible workplace for 21st century office, lab, R&D and light industrial users.
Location & Amenities
179 Bear Hill Road is located in the heart of the Route 128 business district – easily accessible from Route 128, Route 20 and downtown Waltham – and it is surrounded by a dense, amenity-rich cluster of leading businesses, restaurants, bars, hotels, shops and retail services.
- Central Route 128 is home to leading national and international firms, including a particularly strong and growing cluster of biotech/tech organizations, as well as consumer products and services firms
- Amenities and services in the immediate vicinity range from Dunkin’ Donuts to Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse, from Best Western to Westin, and from Marshall’s to Market Basket.
- Phase I of the 1265 Main Street development by Boston Properties recently added a Starbucks, three restaurants, a Market Basket grocery store and a Marshall’s retail outlet within one mile of 179 Bear Hill Road.
- Phase II of the 1265 Main Street development is underway, and will bring improved highway access to 179 Bear Hill Road along with a pedestrian-friendly mixed-use development of retail, office and hotel uses.
A completely re-imagined façade will transform the dated, uninspiring warehouse style of the current building into a modern, welcoming, creative workspace with high visibility from Route 128 (~190,000 cars/day).
- All new materials, enlarged window openings, a new color scheme and fresh paint
- New landscaping and outdoor seating areas
- New parking layout to improve access and mobility on the site
Façade from Route 128
Façade from Bear Hill Road (Corner)
Façade from Bear Hill Road (Front)
Common Areas & Accessibility
The renovation program will upgrade all common areas, offer new tenant amenities, and bring full ADA accessibility to the building.
- New main point of entry, directly off Bear Hill Road, featuring a new lobby and tenant lounge
- Secondary entry with shared kitchen / lounge
- New finishes in common corridors
- Entire building to be fully ADA-compliant thanks to new exterior and interior ramps, and a new lift system
179 Bear Hill Road is a former manufacturing facility that features high ceilings, large windows, and open floor plans.
- Tenant suites will take advantage of the building’s industrial-style construction by incorporating elements like in-suite mezzanine areas, exposed beams and trusses, and finished concrete floors.
- All new, modern finishes and systems, combined with the industrial charm of the building’s former life.
- btcRE works closely with tenants to design and oversee construction of build-outs that meet specific tenant needs. We focus on managing construction so you can focus on managing your business.
Sample Proposed Renovation
Sample Existing Renovated Suite
As with any project, btcRE has assembled a best-in-class team of professional service providers to execute a first-class renovation.